I have often wondered where the German Christian Church was when Adolph Hitler was rising to power. Why didn’t they see the evil in the man? Why didn’t they oppose him?
Well, I think I’m beginning to understand some of them. I don’t like losing friends or making enemies, so I have been quiet about Donald Trump. However, I can’t be quiet any longer, regardless of the cost! Dietrich Bonhoeffer said, “Silence in the face of evil is evil itself: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.” I believe that is true. If Donald Trump wins the election, it will be disastrous for America for the following reasons:
- Trump is not qualified to be the president of the United States. There are basically two qualifications for most jobs in America—education and experience. Trump has neither.
- Trump has never studied government or politics. He doesn’t have earned degrees in those fields or even a certificate from a correspondence school. Would you want a surgeon to operate on you who had never been to medical school?
- Trump has no experience in government. He has never served in any office in government. Would you want someone to operate on you who had never performed an operation before, or even assisted in one?
- That he’s gotten this far without these basic qualifications is why some people call him a con artist.
- Trump is a bully. It could be seen clearly in the debates.
- Trump is all wrapped up in himself. As someone has said, “When a man is all wrapped up in himself, he makes a very small package.”
- Trump thinks he knows all the answers. He doesn’t even know the questions in many cases.
- Whether he intended to or not, Trump has stirred up hatred and division in America.
- Some have compared Trump to Hitler. I won’t do that, but there are some similarities
- Hitler was a strong, charismatic leader. According to many, that’s what many Americans want. Hitler led Germany, but he led in the wrong way. I believe the same thing would be true if Trump wins the election.
- Hitler promised to make Germany great again. Trump promises to make America great again. You can’t restore what has never been lost. America is a great nation! One of the reasons it is, is that we have never elected a man like Trump to the highest public office in the land.
- Hitler scapegoated minorities (Jews, Poles, and gypsies), and did his best to kill them and destroy their bodies. Trump doesn’t want to kill Mexicans or other immigrants. He simply wants to deport millions living here. Then he wants to build a wall across our southern border to keep them out.
- Hitler led Germany into war. Trump with all his ignorance, bragging, and loose talk could do the same for America.
Some people say there isn’t any difference between Hillary and Trump—but there is! A very big difference.
Some people have said they won’t vote for Hillary because their insurance premium has gone up. Let’s put the blame where it belongs. The Affordable Care Act has been a great benefit to millions of poor, and middle-income people. If it costs you more, it is because you live in a Republican state that refused to cooperate with the Act and receive the help that was offered to the states. Add to that, the multimillion dollar costs that the insurance companies rake in and huge salaries and bonuses their CEOs are paid.
Wake up, get smart, and vote for Hillary Clinton.